It is not so important who starts the game but who finishes it.
- John Wooden
So many people are worried, concerned and anxious about their loan or loans, debt, and credit card expenses. Some are concerned about when will be the next payday. Maybe you are considering if you should refinance or talk to your financial advisor about your home mortgage and/or investment portfolio.
What should you do? Well, there is no easy answer and maybe you find yourself in one or more of the abovementioned situations. But don’t give up hope. As John Wooden says, “It is not so important who starts the game but who finishes it.”
How do you intend to finish?
• Review your budget – what is necessary (e.g. food, shelter, transport, medication)
• Talk to your financial advisor – can you make an arrangement to lower your mortgage payments for a period of time, to help during uncertain times
• Be encouraging to fellow workers, encourage team building not team busting
• Is the credit card a necessity
• Communicate with your spouse, family or those closest to you about your concerns and seek wise counsel
• Research – ways to lower living expenses, employment opportunities, home based business opportunities
• Spend time with those who encourage you not drain you
We all start the game (or race) of life from different blocks, but how you start is not important, it’s how you finish, so make the best of the running!