Whatever the outcome, our family is learning much more about what we eat - and we thought we were a fairly healthy family. By looking at what's actually in the food we buy and then consume, we've been surprised at how much preservative and additives there are.
Having a family with an asthmatic and another with perhaps an intolerance to certain foods/preseratives, has caused us to re-think what might be allowed back in the house after the elimination diet is completed.
A few points I have already learnt:
- you need to listen to your children and what they are saying to you
- find a doctor who will openly listen and think more than just giving medication - they actually care enough to have the problem investigated
- an accreditated dietician who looks at the whole picture
- research - read, read, read before you start
- resources: http://fedup.com.au This website has been a sanity-saving site for me
- resources: Friendly Food - RPAH Allery Unit
- Reading labels is essential even on the "organic"food - you'll be surprised!
- Carry a list of preseratives/additives to avoid with you when you are shopping as a reference