Do you have a "happy place"? You know, that quiet spot, corner, place where you can stop and breathe, collect your thoughts and re-focus?
When we're up in Cape York, my favorite place to visit is the 5 Beaches. I actually don't like sand much, but driving along, weaving from the hills onto the beach and back out again into the hills causes me to stop, re-focus, and breathe. It's like God saying to me, "See what I've made for you to enjoy!"
|5 Beaches, Cape York|
The 5 beaches reminds me of the Lord's promises:
- He Cares for me (1 Peter 5:7), even in people around me fail to care;
- He is my strong tower, just as the hills are a buffer from the wind sweeping up the beach (Proverbs 18:10);
- He is Living Water, bringing life and refreshment (John 7:37-39) not salty and undrinkable but refreshing;
- He is Always with me, because I have the Holy Spirit in me as a Child of God (Ephesians 1:13-14);
- He has a plan and purpose for me (Jeremiah 29:11).