Life happens...change is inevitable. Change comes, whether we are ready or not. Sometimes it's in our control, usually, we have little or no say in change.
How do we cope? Do we accept change or reject it? What is the impact on our lives, our careers, and our beliefs?
There are a few points that we do know:
1. Change will come whether or not we accept it or reject it.
2. Change may impact our lives, but we can learn to be adaptable.
3. Change may be difficult at the moment, but the doors open to new possibilities, and new career choices.
4. Change is not something anyone wants to go through; our faith and beliefs are strengthened when we draw near to the Lord instead of pulling away.
Some verses to help:
- Psalm 51:10
- Philippians 4:13
- Proverbs 18:10
- Psalm 91:2
Change brings about growth - in our character, in ourselves, in our faith and beliefs. We may not have much say, but how we respond will show either a positive or negative stance as to who we are.
Whilst change will occur, there are some things that we can hold onto that are not changing:
- God never changes;
- God's Word never changes, we grow and change as we read and apply the Words of the Bible to our lives;
- We are constantly changing; even if we think we are not;
- Like the annual cycles of the seasons, life is a constant change. How we embrace change will either help us flourish or flounder.
What will you choose?