Have you noticed how easily you can be distracted by news, social media, messenging and general life?
We all have busy lives. Often we are simply trying to get through the day - complete work deadlines, make the NFP meeting we've committed to, get a meal on the table, ensure the children's homework is done.
One way I have found to stay organised in the chaos is to simply take 10 minutes every few days, sit down with my diary (online/paper/planner, whichever works for you) and check through the week.
- What is coming up - meetings and events?
- What do I need to purchase - grocercies, gifts, etc?
- What bills are due - vehicle registration, electricity, mobile phone account?
- What deadlines do I need to meet for work or N-F-P committee?
- What jobs need to be completed around the house?
You may have other questions that need to be addressed and noted into your diary. That's what a diary or planner can assist you with. Helping to keep you focused and organised so that by the end of the week, you're not feeling completly overwhelmed.
What steps can you take to plan your week more effectively?
Don't forget to schedule some time for you!