Teamwork. We often hear this word, read about the importance of it and in our workplaces are encouraged to participate in it.
What is Teamwork? The Cambridge Dictionary tells us, "the activity of working together in a group with other people, especially when this is successful."
Teamwork isn't always easy. Some people find it much more appealing to work alone, whilst others relish the opportunity to work with others.
Teamwork, when everyone in the group chooses to participate and work together, can lead to creative and successful outcomes. To achieve successful outcomes, all participants need to intentionally ensure a numbe of actions occur.
1. Turn Up on Time! Meetings (either in person or online) to brainstorm, collerabrate, and compile are important and it is very frustrating if participants are late joining the meeting or not turn up at all. If you are part of a team of people, then TURN UP! Turn up to participate, turn up on time, be proactive.
2. Do Your Part! Your contribution is important. Ensure you complete the assigned tasks ontime and to the best of your ability.
3. Ask for Help! If you are overwhelmed or struggling, then reach out to the team and ask for help. That's not, I don't want to do the task or I haven't ensure enough time. It's asking for help when I've tried and need someone to review or assist.
4. Affirm Each Other! Encourage one another and affirm the team members abilities and skills.
5. Celebrate Your Success and Milestones! Don't forget to celebrate together the milestones achieved and successful outcomes. When things don't quite go to plan, find what to celebrate and then how together work out the issues that still require resolution.