How do you feel when you walk into a room that's cluttered and chaotic? Do you feel like you can focus, or do you feel overwhelmed?
A tidy workstation or office helps us to focus. We don't become distracted by the clutter, the "I must attend to that".
Simply having a clean desk, jobs sorted, drawers tidy help us to focus on the immediate task at hand.
- a basket/box for mail in and out,
- clipboards for jobs in progress (alternatively you may choose folders, marked desk trays),
- Monthly planner (to see what is coming up and to note deadlines),
- current year calendar,
- printer paper in easily accessible drawer/shelf,
- pens, highlighters, rulers, etc in a tidy drawer,
- Important documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates, passports, certificates, etc) in a folder. I have made one for each of my children so that they can simply collect their folder and have all the relevant documentation available easily when they need to complete Identification/applications for loans, business, education, etc.
|A tidy workstation is important and makes working less stressful.|