One of the joys of working from home is that you are in 'your space'. However, working from home also means organizing, creating a peaceful space to allow creativity and thrive, and keeping it simple.
There are challenges to working from home.
Simple points such as:
- not being distracted by clutter, noise, or household jobs,
- being present in getting your work completed and not distracted by scrolling on social media,
- ensuring your family and friends know that you have set times when you are working, and not available to socialize, even though you are physically at home,
- keeping your space clean and tidy so that distractions of clutter or accumulation of piles don't deter you from completing assigned workloads.
- Set time aside weekly to clean your office space and go through any piles of accumulated paperwork, etc,
- Set time aside daily to ensure that you have completed simple tasks before you begin working in your home office. (Making your bed, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, vacuuming, etc)
- Set your break times and take them. For example, morning tea or lunch. Do not bring your lunch back to your office. Take time to eat away from your laptop and desk. This might mean you have your lunch on the back patio or sit in the sunshine for 10 mins.
- Once you have completed your assigned work for the day, leave your office tidy and close your equipment, just as you would when leaving the workplace office.