Taking time…to do what? How many jobs do you undertake each day? Do you stop and take a breath, to look around and enjoy the day? So often, we are too busy doing it, instead of taking some time to breathe.
Let’s look at what you may be undertaking each day:
• Preparation of meals
• General cleaning of home (vacuuming, mopping floor, making beds, wiping down benches, etc.)
• Gardening and lawn maintenance
• Payment of bills and oversight of finances
• Booking appointments (medical, financial, education, etc.)
• Decluttering and organization of space.
Now take time to stop, grab a coffee (or tea), go outside, and breathe. Why not take 5-10 minutes to be in the sun, and just enjoy those moments. Taking time to just be ‘you’.
Life becomes busy, so how do you stay on top of everything without becoming overwhelmed?
- Write down the jobs you need to achieve each day, that week, over the month
- Declutter and organize your home space so that you can ‘breathe.’
- Look at the jobs you are undertaking and take on one or two each day that you really don’t want to do and then tackle some of the jobs that you know are not too much to get done.
Take time to just enjoy life. If we are so busy doing things, and not taking time to enjoy life, then perhaps we need to re-evaluate what we value?