Somewhere between the end of the financial year and Christmas, are a few months that seem endless. In my region, the annual agricultural shows and public holidays are over. Apart from a few local festivals and spring events, at this time each year, life can feel like ‘spinning a slow wheel.’
Everyone becomes a little tired as the year presses on, or they are coming out of winter and into spring. You would think living in the tropics, the migration of winter to spring would not affect us, but it appears so. Come early November, everyone gains a spark again, and we have end-of-year celebrations and often holidays in our planning.
Living life during the challenging times when everything is an endless roll of getting ‘stuff’ done, can seem monotonous.
• God loves You! John 3:17-17
• If you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you are a child of God. 1 John 3:1
• Forgiven. Acts 13:38-39
• You are precious to God. Isaiah 43:4
• God knows you by your name. Isaiah 43:1
• You are chosen. 1 Peter 2:9
• A masterpiece – God doesn’t make second-best. Ephesians 2:10
During the tedious times when life is spinning on a slow wheel, why not choose to:
• Try something new – a hobby, change of routine, sport.
• Begin a study on a book in the Bible. You may like to look at Jude, Obadiah, Philemon, 2 John, and 3 John.
• Be intentional about catching up with friends or people with whom you are acquainted and get to know them better.
Each day we can make the decision to show gratitude and express gratefulness, even in the ‘slow wheel’ times.